Terms & Conditions
Please find the terms & conditions for Rio Perdido Hotel & Thermal River below:
1. All guests registering must be 18 years old or older and must present photo ID upon check-in.
2. Check in time is at 3pm and check out time is at 12pm. In the case of late check-outs, a fee will apply for each hour after 12pm, until 5pm. Subject to availability.
3. If checking out later than 5pm, there will be an additional charge, equivalent to a full night’s rate.
4. Costa Rica's standard 13% sales tax is not included in the room rate.
5. Breakfast served in main restaurant is included in the rate. Room service breakfast is subject to an additional charge.
6. All reservations will be confirmed via email.
7. All modifications or cancellations must be sent in writing (via e-mail) to our reservations department (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
8. Cancelation requests must indicate the guest's full name, the quantity of people (adults and children) considered in the reservation, and the dates of check in and check out.
9. In response to the product that the hotel is committed to offering to all of its guests, we feel that children 8 years of age and older, along with their parents and family, can better enjoy the unique Rio Perdido experience. Reservations for those traveling with children 7 and under are not accepted.
10. Rio Perdido is a wildlife reserve that is in a critical stage of regeneration. If you must travel with a service animal, we will not be able to accept your reservation. We have had serious issues with this in the past and we will not make any exceptions.
11. In accordance with Costa Rica Law #9028, smoking is forbidden in any public areas in the country. Also, ALL rooms at Rio Perdido are non-smoking units. Therefore, if you need to smoke, please consult the reception for information regarding designated smoking areas.
12. Personal music players may not be used in any of the common areas, including the thermal river. If you absolutely must listen to your music while outside of your room, you must use headphones.
13. Room preferences and special requests (i.e. location or room assignment) are not guaranteed and are subject to availability at the time of check in.